- Download 18
- File Size 166 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 27/09/2022
- Last Updated 27/09/2022
Terms of Reference: Strategic Plan 2023 - 2027
The Foundations current strategic plan lapses on the 31st December 2022. We would therefore like to engage a reputable Consultant/Consultancy firm to assist us in coming up with a new Strategic Plan for the period 1st January 2023 to 31st December 2027. The objective of this consultancy is to come up with a Strategic Plan with a Powerful Statement that will drive the organization forward and in a sustainable manner.
The Context of this Consultancy
Our current strategic plan lapses at the end of the year 2022. We have a new government in place that promises to attempt to solve challenges of the middle and lower classes of our society. The Global as well as the Kenyan Economy is not doing well and our traditional sources is ageing leading to continued drop down in grants and donations. Also globally, the donors are changing their mind set in terms of the focus areas of their funding.
It is thus a good time for the Foundation to reflect on its past and think through the most effective way to capitalize on the opportunities that may come with the new government, the global changes, changing donor focus, changing demographics, while minimizing or eliminating emerging risks
The Scope of Work
The main objective of this consultancy is to develop a New Strategic Plan for the Foundation that builds on the achievements of the current strategic plan and the opportunities presented by current and emerging internal and external operating environment. The New Strategic Plan is expected to drive forward the Foundation’s effectiveness and sustainability in its core business of Reintegration of Offenders and Children in conflict with the law and respond to emergencies. The plan must address, amongst other things how to;
- Achieve Impact in our Core Business of Reintegration
- Achieve effective Financial Resource Mobilization and Institutional Sustainability
- Strategically engage with donors
- Achieve effective communication within the organization
- Create and map an efficient and effective Human Resource
- Achieve Optimal Governance
- Deal with matters of Risk and Risk Management
- Create strong Networks and Partnerships
- Strong partnerships and resource mobilization initiatives, how to strategically engage donors.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation framework including Theory of Change and results chain
In supporting and guiding the Foundation’s Board of Directors, the Executive, and Stakeholders to come up with a new Strategic Plan that Builds on the Achievement of the current Strategic Plan and the Opportunities presented by the dynamic internal and external operating environment, the consultant shall clearly define and or carry out the following.
- The Consultant shall review the current Strategic Plan that is lapsing at the end of this year. While reviewing the current strategic plan the consultant shall take note of the following;
- The extend to which the strategic plan has been implemented in terms of the Key Thematic and Supporting Areas, Strategic Goals, Institutional Sustainability initiatives, Networking and Partnerships, Monitoring and Evaluation, Financial Resource Mobilization, Governance, Human Resource, Risk Management amongst others
- The challenges/lapses that emerged in the process of implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- The Vision, Mission, Core Values and Rallying Call and how these shaped the realization of the Core Business of Reintegration
- Engage the Board, the Staff, and relevant stakeholders in a participatory manner in the development of the new strategic plan
- Develop a concise, clear, and powerful statement of why the Foundation exists
- The Strategic Direction in terms of vision, mission, Core Values, the Rallying Call, and strategic goals
- Our situational context covering SWOT analysis, PESTEL analysis, Stakeholder analysis, Priority Issues, Thematic Areas for the period 2023-2027
- Strategic plan implementation methodology stating key project areas and implementation plans
- Our stakeholder map and identify relevant strategies to engage them to advance our stated objectives
- Risk analysis and management approaches
- Monitoring and reporting framework to enable tracking of the strategic plan
- Resource mobilization plan and concrete ideas and steps on how to raise the funds
- The Financial Summary 2023-2027
- Leadership and Management
The assignment will involve close engagement with Faraja Foundation’s Board of Directors, Staff and Relevant Stakeholders and will entail a participatory process, including, but not limited to;
- A review of internal documents and benchmark with similar institutions/organizations
- Consultations with Faraja Foundation Board, Staff and Stakeholders
- Facilitation for a strategic planning workshop
- Drawing up of a draft strategic plan for the next
Expected deliverables include
- An inception report detailing the methodology/ approaches and timelines associated with this consultancy assignment
- Strategic Review Report for the period 2018-2022
- A strategic planning workshop for the Faraja Foundation Board, Staff and Stakeholders
- A five-year Strategic Plan covering the period 2023-2027
- A consultancy report that includes the major activities of the consultancy, the highlights of the strategic planning workshop and the evaluation of the workshop
Eligible Consultant/Consultancy firm should meet the following criteria:
- Compliance with legal requirements of registration with relevant authorities
- Provide income tax registration and clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Provide three years audited financial statements. This applies both to individual consultants and firms
- Provide current Business Permit
- Experience of over 10 years in carrying out similar assignments with proven track record of guiding organizations on how to tap into new funding sources as well as attract relevant human resource
- At least 5 References for similar assignments performed within the period 2019-2022
- Provide Consultancy Methodology, Proposed Work-plan, Curriculum Vitae for the consultancy team
- The Consultant/Consultancy firm and staff must be independent of Faraja Foundation and its associates and affirm their independence in the Consultancy Agreement.
- Any actual or potential conflict of interest in taking up this role should be highlighted.
Commitment to Work Quality
The consultant shall use an evidence- based approach and ensure the highest standards of work and timely deliverables at every stage of this assignment. The consultant shall ensure clarity of objectives and process during the consultancy, counter check all facts and figures cited, ensure that the content and format of the strategic plan meets high standard for such documents, including proper editing, clarity, and use of design and graphics.
This consultancy assignment will be supervised by Executive Chairman assisted by the Chief Exective Officer.
The consultancy shall be for a period not exceeding two months from the date of siging of the consultancy agreement.
Technical and Financial Proposals
The consultant will submit a Technical and Financial Proposal for consideration by Faraja Foundation. The final terms will be stipulated in the consultancy contract.
Communication and Reports
All audit reports and accompanying statements of financial condition shall, at a minimum, be presented in English.
Interested consultants should submit the following;
- An expression of interest to provide the above mentioned consultancy services.
- A Curriculum Vitae and an organization profile including previous similar experiences.
- Proposed detailed methodology to deliver required services.
- A work plan and budget for the activities and final deadline
- Relevant documents under the eligibility criteria
The proposal submitted should have a maximum of 25 pages exclusive of the statutory requirements which shall be attached separately.
The proposal subject line should clearly read, “EOI: CONSULTANCY FOR STRATEGIC PLAN.”
The expression of interest should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 3302-00506
Mode of submission: ONLY electronically submitted proposals will be accepted. It should be submitted to the following email: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of the proposal is: 3rd October 2022 at/or before 17:00 hours East African Time.
Only shortlisted bidders will be invited for an interview on a date to be communicated. For any questions, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5 days after the date of the advert.