PhD Graduate Fellow – Health Communication at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Master of Arts in Psychology from Daystar University, Bachelor of Education from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota,USA. Postgraduate Course Certificate in Guidance and Counselling – University of Nairobi.
I am registered Associate Counsellor with Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association (KCPA) Member of American Psychological Association (APA). Currently working as University Senior Counsellor at JKUAT, I have extensive skills, experience and strong competencies in diverse humanity-related themes. Specifically, I have over 12 years’ experience in community development work, especially in counselling and rehabilitation of young offenders in a successful program run by local and international partners. My media engagement in confronting emerging psychosocial and cultural conflicts among different life generations is evident in Radio and Television talk shows. I have successfully used real life case examples from these field experiences in teaching undergraduate students -School of Public Health psychology-related units: “Mental Health”, “Behavioural Science” ” Conflict Management” and “Health Education and Promotion” using Problem Based Learning Approach.
Currently Working with Young People and Parents on Following Areas:
- Establishing Basic Mental Health for All.
- Developing Sustainable Mentor-ship, Human Values Study Habits and
- Rehabilitation, Reconciliation and Reintegration Counseling
- Managing Emerging Psycho-social Issues (youths in conflict with the law, controlling screen addiction, social and exam anxiety, managing anger and bad Temperament among others)
- Taking Responsibility and Developing Work Ethic.
- Family matters.