Currently in Oxford Brooks University London in conjunction with Nairobi Hospice – Higher National Diploma in Palliative Care – January 2019- July 2021. Has a higher National Diploma in Psychological Counselling, Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling. A Highly skilled, compassionate, empathic and solution-oriented counsellor. Dedicated to providing exceptional care and implementing effective counselling to adolescent/teens, adults, the elderly and those terminals ill. Demonstrated track record of success working with diverse client’s populations in a one on one or group settings. Effective motivator communicator and advocate with inherent ability to manage all types of personalities, diffuse stressful situations proactively resolve issues and meet and achieve challenging goals and objectives. Innate ability to establish rapport quickly builds trust, interact with and relate to an individual on all levels.
Superior leadership skills, proven in successful personnel development and group facilitation. Team-oriented consistently recognized for the ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with co-workers, administration, strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
Can juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality. My greatest satisfaction comes from seeing people live to their full potential no matter the experiences undergone.
Key areas of competence include
- Organisational development (assessment, training, coaching and mentoring)
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to develop a non-judgemental approach
- An understanding of confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Resilience, patience and humility
- A genuine interest in others
- Good planning, organisational, report writing, analytical, negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Hands on experience in delivering administrative services in a timely, efficient and effective manner (in the midst of ever pressing deadlines).
- Facilitating teambuilding sessions
- Facilitation of participatory training
- Good computer and report writing skills.
- Expert in individual, group counselling,
- 16 years of practical experience in a variety of environments and capacities.
- Worked in an international school as one of the counsellors
- Worked with teens in the juvenile system
- Worked with adults in the justice system
- Worked in church selected as one of the on-call counsellors
- Worked with the aging and chronically ill as part of the palliative care team